Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Big news...

In case you haven't heard, J and I are now engaged! I couldn't be happier! J surprised me with a trip to Chicago and Stephanie and Zach came along, too. It was such a fun trip. Basically, John and I ate our way through the city. We ate at Handlebar, Pick Me Up Cafe, The Chicago Diner, and Karyn's Cooked. Everything was delicious and ridiculously filling. The best french toast you have ever eaten is at Pick Me Up. I definitely recommend going to the Windy City if you get a chance.

John proposed when we had a moment together alone in the apartment where we were staying. It was very sweet and completely unexpected. We headed down to the bar and surprised Zach and Steph with our announcement. The bartender even took care of our drinks for us! The bar, The Twin Anchors, can been seen in The Dark Knight. It's something they are very proud of and rightfully so.

Now comes the hard part. Planning a wedding! I am so inspired by DIYers and everything over at Once Wed. We are still thinking of a date since I will be in school full time over the next couple of years. Spring break, anyone?

I will try to keep this updated with wedding news, inspiration I have, and even questions.

-Cassie

1 comment:

Colonel Aureliano Buendía said...

Holy Crap, an update it's only been 6 months. Love you guys. Congrats.